ACAA exists to:
Serve as the national professional association for access consultants and:
- administer a national system for accreditation of members
- administer national competency standards for accreditation of members
- advise on the development of educational courses suitable for accreditation of members
- promote the use of ACAA accredited access consultants
- contribute to the continuing professional development of members
- develop other membership services that will facilitate informed, skilled and responsible access practice.
Serve as a national association on built environmental accessibility for people with a disability and in relation to equity of accessibility, foster, influence and contribute to:
- Government, industry and community policies, codes, regulations and practice
- education and training of built environment designers and related practitioners
- informed, skilled and responsible practice of access consultancy
- research on built environmental accessibility and practice related to it
- knowledge within government, industry and the community of accessibility and disability.