ACAA advises members as of 10 February 2021 the suspension of the compulsory Continuous Professional Development (CPD) point requirements ended. Accredited and Associate members are now expected to fully participate in the CPD Program.
All the CPD information is available on the website.
The suspension was from 1 January to 31 December 2020 however any CPD points attained during this period can be rollover into 2021. Associate members planning to upgrade to an Accredited membership during this period are expected to participate fully in the CPD Program during this period.
There is no lack of opportunities to find CPD points despite COVID-19 restrictions, see below for some suggestions.
Below are but a few:
- ABCB Resources Library, e.g.
- Austroads - Webinars and Events
- Centre for Inclusive Design and Environmental Access - Online Courses
- Check-out the ACAA Resources articles and Communications - Other Events for further ideas
- edX offers a range of courses, for example Business Development, Marketing and Business Writing to name a few.
- Disability Services Consulting - Training
- Listen able Podcast Dylan Alcott & Angus O’Loughlin.
- Open Learning Course – Introduction to Universal Design
- TAFE NSW – business courses
- The Staying Inn: the new disability-friendly virtual pub drawing hundreds of punters during lockdown - By Jasmine Andersson
- University of Arkansas – Partners for Inclusive Communities, Explore Access - Tools for Promoting Disability Access and Inclusion
- USA Access Board - Webinars
- Vision Australia – offering the following courses in an online format:
- We have been disabled: how the pandemic has proven the social model of disability - Nancy Doyle, Diversity & Inclusion
- Write a feature articles in Access Insight (AI) - D2 Activity, 1 point/250words
- You Tube – search specific access related topics (Be selective & critical of some content)
Documentary Evidence for completing any of these activities could be by signed Statutory Declaration detailing the title, URL, time spent, and points claimed. Alternatively, for instance the Podcast as an ACAA B3 activity approves 1 point per hour up to a max of 20 hours documentary evidence could be a Half A4/500word summary and learnings from viewing.