Access Insight - Latest Feature Article
Read one of our latest Feature Articles
The Great Outdoors - Access Insight
The ACAA Management Committee are seeking expressions of to interest to write feature articles, resource review, case study, project showcase etc. for the upcoming July Edition of Access Insight (AI).
The theme is The Great Outdoors with a particular focus on non-urban / semi-rural or bush based access and inclusion.
If you have an idea for an article, please email a short brief of the proposed article to AI Editor, Anita Harrop – firstname.lastname@example.org
And please feel free to circulate this invitation to your colleagues!
Do not forget, ACAAs Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Program offers 1 CPD point for every 250 words!
Articles may be along the lines of:
- Non-urban walking trails including suitable surfaces, boardwalks, trail classifications (showcasing accessible options), tree-top walks and skybridges, comparable and alternative accessible options to rugged/inaccessible locations
- State-based parks and wildlife organisations
- All terrain recreation devices (skiing, mountain biking, cycling, hand cycling, walking/running, adapted wheelchair/equipment etc)
- Accessible picnic, barbeque, camping, drop loo, seating/vistas, fire pit, and the like
- Accessible / inclusive outdoor recreation programmes and/or accessible and inclusive accommodation in a regional/rural/bushland setting
- Accessible features and inclusions in nature play
- Review of international (UK, NZ, USA) resources (please contact the editor if you would like to review a resource and would like assistance with sourcing material)
- Inclusive tourism options to the Australian great outdoors
The deadline for articles is Wednesday 15 July 2020
Access Insight - May 2020
Getting imaginative with Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
The lack of CPD opportunities due to the COVID-19 restrictions on group gatherings has all but dried up.
But have heart by getting imaginative there are a host of opportunities to explore.
Access Insight - March 2020
Access Insight - January 2020
Access Insight - November 2019
Access Insight - September 2019
Access Insight - July 2019
Slips, Trips and Falls Conference
You invite you to participate in the Slips, Trips and Falls Conference Madrid 2020, which will be held in Madrid (Spain) on February 13-14, 2020.
Access Insight - May 2019
Home Modification Information Clearinghouse Forum
Home Modification Information Clearinghouse has a new online design and construction professional forum providing a place to exchange ideas and information relating to home retrofit and adaptation for older people and people with disability.